Tarbiah sester part 1

Few days passed, and yeah, I managed to survive. In fact, I started to love the school and its people. I don't really mix well with my other batch mates yet, but then, hey this gonna takes time right? When the right time come, i'll make sure i know them all, well at least their names and faces. Heh.

Classmates? They are being warm and really helpful. The funny thing about being in 4 Al-radzi is the fact I had become an outsider, yes, the one and only who is not originated from Pantai Timur. But then, there is an exceptional for this one boy in my class named Syazani as i don't really know where he comes from either from Johore, Sarawak, or Terengganu itself. Well, let's not think about it since yeah, as I said, times will let you discovered things you would never expect.

I have never been to any boarding school or even experiencing life in a hostel. I used to dream to be in such school (since my mind had been set that SBP is the best place to gain self-independence) but i have not receive any offer letter from the MOE when i applied for it as I was about to turn form 1 that time. Well, what do you expect from a mind of 12 years old kid right? Get it or not, that didn't seem to be in my wishlist as 'form 1-student-to-be', back in the old days. The only thing that matter was "I AM BIG ENOUGH NOW" that I could finally wear white kurung paired with kain biru. Heh.
But, it all was in the past and everything changed when Najwa left me and entered Sm Sains Kuala Terengganu (SESTER). Alhamdulillah that I got straight As in my Pmr, that I tend to try my luck and apply the school. However, all I found my heart broke into pieces knowing that my first application was rejected. T.T Still not giving up (well almost to be honest haha), I applied for second intake.
I still remember that I set my alarm to 12 a.m just for the sake to check over the SBP's second intake result through the internet. I admit that it was one of the most nervous moments i have been through in my life aside from the nervousness during PMR and UPSR result days. Haha. So, yeah, I got it and eventually it becomes the starting point of the 360 degree rotation in my life.

Oh, I almost miss the most important part, yes, the first day in sester. I still remember that i was amazed by the mature looking I saw on Sester students' face when I first arrived there. Haha. I even thought Madu (Azhanis) my classmate, who welcomed me, was a form 5 student.  Since I had told Najwa that I got to be in her school and she spread the new among her close friends, some of the students already knew me as Najwa's sister. This can either give a positive or negative impact to me. -In a positive perspective, I can easily mix up with them. The negative side, hmmm, I can't say it yet since it is too early for me to see it, but what i can say is that it's gonna be a bad thing as I would be engrossed with the popularity i guess. Nauzubillah min zalik. I was positioned in Gamma (though I wanted to be in Sigma so bad since Najwa is in there). Before I forgot, Gamma represents the green house, Sigma represents blue, Alfa for red and Beta is yellow. Soon when all the registration stuffs were done, we (Abah, Madu and me) headed to my room, B402. I heard that my roommates were all consist of 1st intake students. Well yeah, be it they are good or bad, i need to adapt with other people as well right? (Still though, I prayed that my room mates gonna be merciful and kind towards me haha).

As I arrived at the room, my eyes caught a sight of bare mattress on top of the double-decker bed at my right side.
"That must be mine", I pointed the bed  to Abah.
We looked around the room and checked out for the locker but none of them were emptied so I decided not to unpack my stuffs yet. Abah did not stay long as I told him I could handle everything by myself. However, that was the thing I had regretted the most. Soon after he left, all the parents took their children for lunch outside from the school since no lunch for the new students prepared. I was left starved and needed to wait for almost 6 to 7 hours for dinner ugh! I also tried to search for Najwa to pass the chocolate from my mum but one of the student I met said she was having classes and I was informed that the school ends at 4.30. So i went back to my room since I was totally clueless for what to be done and thought of returning to my room to unpack my stuff. Another disappointment hit me! I only remember that there was no locker available. Haih. Then, I was thinking of making a phone call to my old friends but guess what? My phone was out of battery and I LEFT MY CHARGER at home!

All the things happened almost drove me insane therefore i decided to take a nap. Haha. Later when, it was almost 4.30 I waited for Najwa at the kerusi batu situated near to the gate of the hostel. There, I bumped into Alia, the girl who stood beside me during photography session of 2nd intake students just now. She was with a senior named Kak Opi. It was awkward really! I tried to comfort myself by having some chit-chat with Kak Opi about Najwa.

The most awaited person finally arrived. I followed Najwa to her room C107-Almost everything in her room was in blue (acah acah semangat rumah sangat). I gave her the chocolate.


"Najwaaa, you know what? I am in Gamma. But I wanted Sigmaaaaaaaaa najwa! What should I do?"
"What? Laahh, why you didn't ask earlier during the registeration? aduiiii"
"How should I know haih. The kakak only said 'oh you must be wawa's sister right? wanna be in the same house with your sister lah then?' and I only smiled. Then the other kakak wanted me to be in the Gamma, well, I supposed to be in Gamma at the very first place. So, I said nothing lah.. Can't you ask cikgu to transfer me into Sigma? I wanted to be in the same room with you.." My voice trembled a little. 
"Haih i don't know lah. You stay first in my room lah. Plus, my roommate went for bahas. She'll be back in few days." 
I kept on telling her I started to feel homesick already. Then she asked,
"How was the school?"
I only said okay and suddenly burst into tears. (Just to let you know that was my first time weeping in front her.)

Suddenly some of her friends come to her room.
"Wawaaa, we wanted to break the ice with your sister.." I heard them said while they were standing outside. Najwa only gave them a 'come back later' sign to them and I was pretty sure they could guess that I was crying. Ughhhhh! Embarrassing! After that, I told her what happened, the locker, Abah, charger and everything. I even stayed in her room for a few days. (somehow I am grateful that i am placed in this school with her. I can't imagine how i would be like in asrama without her)


Well yeah, this is the beginning to this rocky and challenging road. Anyway, Alhamdulillah that Allah listen to my prayer. My room mates (Maliihah, Pikah and Dirah) are very kind and warm hearted indeed. What even great is, Maliihah and Dirah are my classmates! *Jumping joyously* They explained to me that they forgot to empty the locker as they were quite busy the night before and were very worried about me.

"We are very cuak knowing that our new room mate is adik kak wawa. Madu was complaining that none of the locker in the room is emptied yet and we were like totally feeling guilty haha."

Awh, I considered that is the most sweet apologizing-statement i received. Hehe. I don't really mind to be honest. Maybe it is due to the loneliness i felt on my first day which made me cry.The locker part is only an excuses haha. After all, I hope we remain united as a B402 dweller okay guys?


Opening ceremony in Dewan Nadwah

Comments